Wednesday, November 07, 2007

i teared after readin my sis's blog.
i miss you!

You were so proud of me on this long awaited day.
You were disappointed when you had a checkup on the very day and couldnt attend it but thankfully uncle sent you down to NTU after the checkup.
You would always gleam with joy whenever we bumped into each other in school.
You would pack food for lunch, shrimp and save but always generous to spend on the grandchildren.
You would give us small sums of money whenever you struck 4D.
You would buy us yakult. Every time I drink yakult I think of you.
You were the invincible ah ma who could walk to the market a million times and never seemed to get tired out.
You were the strong ah me who endured through each of the operations you undergone, such that I believed you would get well with your strong will.
You were the ah ma who was always inquisitive to know what we were talking about, although you couldnt hear.
You were the ah me who surprisingly could do selective hearing at times.
You were the ah ma who never got mad at us.
You were the one who teased me that I was such a sticky kid when I was young. I still remember how you tricked me into the kitchen so my mum could go to work and I ended up crying while holding on to the fridge
You were the one who tied my hair like a doggy's ears when I went to kindergarten.
You always gave me a piggy ride on your legs and sang songs to me.
You often brought me to the market in the morning. I can always strangely remember the smell of the morning dew and the sound of your slippers.
You always made coffee using the traditional socks- thingy for great grandma.
You never got angry at us when we were impatient with you or when we dismiss what we were talking about when you asked us abt it.
You never expressed your disappointment when we got fedup that after a few repetitions you still could not hear.
All these, I can never make it up to you.
I see you wither away, I cried buckets when you fell ill.. yet I never made it up to you during your days laid on bed.
The better days when you sat at the door, I only waved and greeted you before I left for work.
The days when you were in hospital, I visited you but you were too weak to speak.
The worse days when you could only lie on bed, I visited you only on weekends - if I had time. I am so sorry for it.
I am grateful that I had the chance to be at your deathbed just before you left. I saw you gradually wither till your last breath, I know you were in pain.
I strongly believe you are in heaven. I know you miss us and are worried about us. I will remember my promise to you, to take good care of my parents.
I miss you.

No comments: